These quick and easy meatballs are great for appetizers or as a meal served with fresh vegetables and salad. These are a kid-favorite that will appeal to even the pickiest eaters.
- 3-4 slices Sprouted Grain Bread, lightly toasted OR 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, microplaned
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chile sauce (optional)
- pineapple OR granny smith apple, grated or minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or silicone liner.
- Take crust off bread and break into pieces; place in blender or food processor and process until finely ground into crumbs.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, green onions, egg, tamari, ginger, garlic, pepper, chili sauce, and pineapple or apple in medium bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 36, 1-inch balls (mixture will be sticky)
- Brown in a little bit of coconut oil then transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake until cooked through.
- Serve with additional pineapple if desired.