I always get questions about packing healthy lunches for kids. This is a unique challenge for parents, especially if these are new changes for children. Here is a list of some ideas to get you started.
Getting your kids to eat and to LIKE what you make them may be difficult at times but don’t give up. Keep trying and you will be surprised how quickly they make changes.
I have found that using something like a bento box (what Japanese children use – it has several different small containers that keep lunch components separate and makes for a presentation kids love. Plus…it cut’s down on plastic bags which are toxic and bad for the environment anyway.
LEGEND: C = Core Plan, A= Adavanced Plan, MLNP= Maximized Living Nutrition Plans Book
• Chicken Salad – C,A Recipe in MLNP. Organic chicken, homemade mayo or grapeseed oil vegenaise, and any combination of: celery, onions, curry powder, lemon juice, nuts, grapes (core plan only), raisins (core plan only).
• Cold Meatloaf – C, A (with flax instead of breadcrumbs) Recipe in MLNP
• Cold Meatballs on skewers (with Fruit (core plan only) or Cheese) – C, A
• Turkey – Melon Wrap – C . Organic deli turkey with thinly sliced melon wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla.
• Fresh Mozzerella, Tomatoes, and Basil with Balsamic & Olive oil – C, A
• Chicken Wings – C, A. Just bake chicken wings with hot sauce (check ingredients)
• Salmon Cakes – C, A Recipe in MLNP
• Hummus – C, A Recipe in MLNP
• Chili – C, A Recipe in MLNP
• Guacamole with veggie dippers– C, A Recipe in MLNP
• Organic Egg Salad – C, A
• Organic Hard Boiled Eggs – C, A
• Dried Fruit – C
• Plain Organic Yogurt with fruit or Strawberry Syrup – C, A Make sure you check ingredients! Yogurt is a common hiding place for lots of sugar.
• Cookie Cutter Sandwiches – just cut out shapes of sprouted grain bread, organic deli meat, cheese, hummus, almond butter, banana, – C, A (depending on ingredients)
• Trail Mix – nuts, coconut flakes, chunks of chocolate bark (recipe in MLNP), seeds – C, A
• Smoothies – C, can be A
• Kale Chips – C, A Recipe on this blog.
• Organic Deli Meat Rollups – Organic Deli Meat spread with organic cream cheese or hummus, dill pickle, etc. C, A
• Ezekiel Bread French Toast Sticks with Strawberry Syrup – C Recipe in MLNP
• Sliced Leftover Chicken – C, A
• Raw Cheese Cubes – C, A
• Tamari Almonds – soaked almonds sprinkled with tamari and lightly roasted – C, A
• Pickles – C, A
• Frozen Grapes – C
• Organic Popcorn – C
• Grass Fed Beef or Turkey Jerky – C, A Recipe in MLNP
• Soup in a thermos…put hot water into your thermos and let stand for 5 minutes, remove water and refill with the soup – this will keep it warm even longer
• Salad – get creative!
• Rainbow fruit skewers – just place colorful fruit (in rainbow order) on a skewer or make mini ones on toothpicks.