This is a great raw recipe that is tasty, filling, and satisfying and most of all, healthy. This is a great go-to recipe for a quick lunch or to take on the go since no heating is necessary. Most pad thai recipes contain sugar and damaged oils. This is a great way to control ingredients and use your favorite vegetables, flavors, and level of spice.
- 3 organic, non-gmo zucchini
- 2 organic carrots (core plan only)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ organic bell pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped small
- 1 cup bean threads
- ½ cup chopped cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts, or a mixture of nuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup almond or cashew butter
- ¼ cup liquid amino or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- dash red pepper flakes, optional
Cut the zucchini into long strips with a mandolin and stack 2-3 slices at a time and cut into linguini sized “noodles” or use a vegetable spiral slicer Set aside. Use a the julienne insert on a mandolin or a vegetable slicer to cut the red pepper and carrots. Slice the cabbage very thin then chop the cauliflower and green onions. Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
Whisk sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the vegetables and toss. It is best to let marinate for 8-12 hours but it can be eaten right away.
Note: the sauce will be thick at first but will absorb the water from the vegetables. If needed, add a tablespoon or two of filtered water.